Friday, September 20, 2013

The 2013 Santa Fe triathlon

I'm washing 2 years of dirt off of my road bike. I'll be competing in the Santa Fe triathlon tomorrow morning. It's only a sprint triathlon, but ANY triathlon will hurt since I haven't trained at all in two years. Tomorrow is a race to celebrate being impulsive and unprepared, but doing it anyways.

I'm choosing to race on my road bike instead of my triathlon bike because I'm currently tipping the scales at 266 pounds and I'm relatively sure I'd crush my carbon framed tri bike.


 
Because of my weight and how I look I'm embarrassed about racing tomorrow. But I"m doing it, and that's all that matters.
 
Tomorrow's triathlon will be my 85th multisport race. I'm still working to hit my goal of finishing 100 triathlons and duathlons someday. Back in my heyday I was averaging 16 multisport races, a half dozen running races, and a few centuries a year, so 15 shouldn't be that hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment