Here are some questions to ask yourself. The only requirement to become a member of Overeaters Anonymous is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
1. Do you
eat when you're not hungry?
2. Do you go on eating binges for no apparent
3. Do you have feelings of guilt and remorse after overeating?4. Do
you give too much time and thought to food?
5. Do you look forward with
pleasure and anticipation to the time when you can eat alone?
6. Do you plan
these secret binges ahead of time?
7. Do you eat sensibly before others and
make up for it alone?8. Is your weight affecting the way you live your life?
9. Have you tried to diet for a week (or longer), only to fall short of your
10. Do you resent others telling you to "use a little willpower" to
11. Despite evidence to the contrary, have you continued to
assert that you can diet "on your own" whenever you wish?
12. Do you crave
to eat at a definite time, day or night, other than mealtime?
13. Do you eat
to escape from worries or trouble?
14. Have you ever been treated for
obesity or a food-related condition?
15. Does your eating behavior make you
or others unhappy?
Emotional eating, binge eating and friends – some definitions - Howdy comrades! I’ll be writing monthly updates here about how I’m getting on with my binge eating recovery shenanigans since I got home from Green Mount...
5 weeks ago